Ringinator set up

Revised:  08/26/11

If you dont know what this is go to ringinator.com   http://www.ringinator.com

I will say for all  the effort I have to do to cut rings this is the best tool on the market

Ease of use and once you work with it a few times it gets easier. Practice, Practice, Practice

I used to go through blades like crazy using the smaller units and cutting by hand is slow

For the price - it probably paid for itself in one year of blades lost at least and not counting my time and frustration levels.

I'll spend the time coiling one day and then run them through the ringinator resulting in thousands of rings in a short time.

I'll embelish this post as I go along rather than adding posts - that way you only have to come to the Ringinator set up post each time .

Start up
Assemble your unit - yup had to figure out where all the bolts go
I have on wood to make it higher off table so I can get collection pans underneath
I have used a velcro strap to lock down the drill 
There is little play in the shaft portion of the blade mount

Insert the blade - this way you can adjust the shaft at the end into the drill easier
mount with bolts
the ends of the bolts are flush with the face of the base so they dont go further you adjust those nuts on the bolts. as you can see the blade sort of to the left but its through the hole

Shaft end - attach and tighten your drill -  ensure drill is locked down

Next plug drill into switch box and  switch box into outlet.
You will see some speed marks but depending on the metal you will "feel" the speed you need
keep your cables clear of your work area
Most inexpensive drills have a reverse and lock button- FIRST MAKE SURE THE SWITCH IS OFF -ITS A DIMMER SWITCH AND REQUIRED YOU TO PUSH DOWN TO TURN ON OR OFF
put unit in reverse and hold trigger and lock the button-  give it a test and run for a few seconds - turn on switch and slowly move dial up -   good turn off

IMPORTANT; BE SURE THE BLADE IS ON TIGHT WITH THE TEETH FACING AWAY FROM YOU - This took me a call to ensure I had this right

OIL SET UP - RUNS INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE DRILL

The plastic tubes are long but you can cut - I am holding off till I figure out till I finish my set up (although its easy enough stuff to find)
I could not figure out why I had three bins so I used one to angle my oil
I ended up putting the whole thing inside a large container so it would contain the drips for now 
so now you have your hose to suck up the oil


push just enough through the hole - and reassemble the cover over the blade - the deep well will fill with oil so that the blade will always have oil while cutting - no oil and your blade will heat up and become dull very fast.
Run a test - plug your pump in - you want to be sure your oil mix is working - I add a bit more water to mine as I found the mix a bit thick - I also had some fatty material settle to top - but after while it went away.
above its filled the blade holder  and is draining into drip pan and into fill tray ( as I said I am going to figure out some sort of way to drain fill tray back into a gallon jug so it just keeps refilling itself (plus a sifter for the grindings so it does not go back into the oil.  See winding long coils in my videos

The big test
I found I loosened the plexy and fitted my coil first - gave an extra turn at bottom for a bit tighter fit
The pump is on , everything plugged in , the trigger locked , the drill locked down, my unit c-clamped to the table.
I turn on the switch and bring it up to speed (again up to you ) too slow and it will bind - WHERE EYE PROTECTION
Yes I have had it bind, yes I have had it do choppy action and spit some rings - pull back the coil -turn off the drill - clean area of rings and debris and do it again.
This set up is still a work in progress
Turn off pump and drill - take your collector bin and pour back into your oil pan
Most of my rings actually collected on the plastic lid - but some were in the collector (where I used to collect them before.  note the grindings - try not to pour too much back into the holding oil tank
lid with oil and rings
Clean up is great - its all water based oil

Now take your unit apart - resivoir- blade cover, blade shaft, bolts from shaft and resivoir, plexy springs, washers, wing nuts etc.. and wash down with soap and water , clean off all areas of the cutter to take off any oil splatters (mostly from my fingers on the drill)  the pump just take and put clean water through it and dry it off  - reassemble so its ready for next time.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! I've been looking everywhere trying to figure out what I'm dong wrong!

    Back to the drawing board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember - the more you do the more proficient in your set up
    I like to make lots of coils - this gives you time to adjust and understand the machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very frustrated with my unit. I cannot get the blade to cut anything. Getting coils to go through are trying enough and to go through all this effort to have them not cut is really upsetting for me. I don't know i"m doing wrong but it seems like the blade is too low or something. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for Sharing this awesome blog. You can also visit: Bolt Manufacturer in India

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such s great blog. For more information click here Industrial Fasteners

    ReplyDelete
  6. CFCS is a mobile application development services with experience in iOS app development services. If you are looking to hire iOS app development company to bring your iOS app idea to life, we can help on it.

    ReplyDelete