Decorating slumped wine bottles

Well - other than the bottles I have slumped on my ceramic pattern -  I have a few clear ones I want to do something with

The green ones I'll probably sandblast/etch some patterns on but I decided I wanted to use an old technique I used to used -  with Delta Perm enamels - a sea sponge (I had to use a new one - I cant find my 20 year old favorite sponge - its around here somewhere )   - it's reverse faux painting -  where you sponge onto the back in reverse order to get a nice granite type look - I used to do a lot of clear glass plates like this - I also did my whole desk at work  like this and a big dining room round glass table a long time ago

the first one was done last night came out ok - I still have to decorate the handle - which I think I'll make some lampwork grapes and attach with wire

but here is the first one - black/white/teal and silver background
these are work in process as I need to finish the back 
same but with just black /white teal - no background yet - this bottle was sort of dull on the back almost like a etch - it was alos a bottle that had color but it burned out or maybe it was just a surface treatment as decoration

not pleased with the black/white  red - the pic does not do it justice but then again until the background silver is applied it looks transparent 



5 comments:

  1. I like the teal one better too. Can't wait to see it finished. You mentioned canning jars in your earlier post. Ha...I have dozens of them under the house! I've seen them slumped on other sites and they don't look bad. But I prefer the wine bottles. Keep visiting those bars for freebies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL if only - so nothing in the kiln tonight my daughter says she has a box of bottles for me from her boyfriends parents - so hope to be busy - this weekend after I close the pool for the season

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can incorporate them into your home decor in many ways. Maybe I'll share all those ideas soon but for now here is how these pretty bottles and jars sitting pretty on my coffee table. wholesale liquor bottles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. glassbottlesmanufacturer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. picbear

    ReplyDelete