The Last Glue - Test 1

I bought some glue that people are raving about - I had seen it at a home show once and oddly enough its made here in Ontario

It advertises that it will glue anything in one second !

Glue Anything to Anything in One Second

  • Glues in seconds
  • One (1) drop does the job  
  • Guaranteed for 1 year! (Best kept in fridge)
  • Does not dry out like other 'super' glues
  • Won’t glue skin (roll, don't pull)
  • Super strong
  • Long Lasting
  • Doing business for 17 years
  • Up to 650 degrees
  • Last to -65 degrees
  • Up to 5,000 PSI
  • Thousands of Loyal Glubies
  • Best Kept in refrigerator regardless if open or not!
  • Apply The Last Glue to ONE side only.
  • The thinner the layer of The Last Glue, the better the hold - don't rub in The Last Glue.
  • Always close lid after use - prolonged exposure to air will cause thickening.  This does not affect adhesion.
  • Avoid exposing The Last Glue to extreme heat and direct sunlight when in the bottle. Best kept refrigerated. 
  • Use The Last Clean or solvent to remove old adhesives/clean surface before applying The Last Glue.
  • The Last Glue is not suitable for cloth, paper, teflon, polyethylene and polypropylene (food grade plastics).
  • When finished with your project tap the bottle 3 times on the table then squeeze 3 times to remove any glue from the tip. This is to ensure your tip does not clog.
  • Never stick a needle or pin into the tip of The Last Glue. This contaminates The Last Glue and it will start to turn hard.
  • Use The Last Fill to fill in any gaps or holes as The Last Glue only works when deprived of oxygen.
  • Glue will not stick to itself so remove any old glue and debris
  • Will hold up to 650 degrees and last to -65 degrees
  • Can withstand up to 5,000 PSI

http://www.thelastglue.com/

Now I try not to be skeptical  because these days new epoxies and uses are coming forward every day

My hopes are high !!

You have to keep it in the fridge - which is not unusual if you know the epoxies cure when heat is applied but this seems to work when oxygen is deprived of the glued area

so in hopes that this will be a great discovery for all my  jewellery assembly  I cant wait any longer

I collected some bails, glass cabs from the studio the other day - brought them in to bring them to room temp

This morning after picking the winner for the Give-A-Way  I pulled out the glass, bails and the glue

I opened the glue and put a drop on the glass (I didnt do any cleaning - it was cleaned in the past but I want worst case scenario - I'll do test 2 with cleaning of glass and bail

they say small amount - to one side - I hope this is not too much 

Sample 1 - Push down hard - and within one second it was adhered - note if you get on your skin just roll your finger off the glue -  it needs to cure for 8 hours - its 8:15 am so I'll check them later 

sample 2

Sample 3

All three samples
Note that I touched them  after about 2 minutes and they seem secure - I did not put any pressure  just touched to see if it would move -  no movement 
could this be the glue !

I will put the results here on the same thread later 
9:23-  applied a little pressure to bails to move but they seem solid
11:09  - used a little more force - they seem solid 
4:15- took some elbow grease and almost broke the bail - I did get it off but a lot harder to remove than the E6000 and the other epoxy that I have used 
going to do some more tests and clean and see what happens
BUT THIS FIRST TEST IS VERY POSITIVE !





5 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see if the product does what it claims. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
    I wonder if I could ask a question off topic? What is PnP, your etched pieces are amazing and I've been reading your blog but I'm still not completely understanding what this application is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PnP is an etching resist originally for PCB board making
      I get the sheets usually 100 at a time from Techniks
      http://www.techniks.com/ the press and peel blue

      Delete
  2. This sounds very promising. I have yet to find a glue that I am really satisfied with for attaching pieces to rings or bails to pendants. Hopefully this is the one! Is it prohibitively expensive? Thanks for sharing your testing with us! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the chemical you use to etch copper, and your results are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete